IRA Rollover Update: In 2015, Congress enacted a permanent extension of the IRA charitable rollover. As a result, individuals age 70½ or older can make gifts directly from their IRA to charity. You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further our work and our mission.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra..
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
When you are ready, please contact Lulleen Lamar, Vice President, Director of Philanthropy and Community Impact, 775-322-8668 to get started.
The Internal Revenue Service recognizes United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra (UWNNS) as a Section 501 (c) (3) public charity. Gifts to UWNNS may be tax deductible in the U.S.A. Our Federal Tax ID # is 88-0059327. UWNNS is incorporated in the state of Nevada. Our Mission: "We link the community's will and resources to improve lives."